Thursday 17 September 2015

Dream Blockers




Dream blockers, you have them, I have them, we all have them. These are the people in our lives that try to deter us from following our dreams. These people are normally compromised of our, family members, friends, relationship partners, co-workers, etc. Unlike any average hater, who is always hoping for your downfall and they don’t wish to see you succeed in any area of your life. The Dream Blockers manifest their “hate”(the reason I put quotations around hate is because the dream blocker is still hating on you, but it’s not in way that’s meant to demean you, but in a way they feel like they’re helping you) in a different way. I call this the “realest” way.

These are the people who are constantly telling you to be responsible; you don’t need to worry about that because you’re doing well over here. Here are the more common one’s I hear on a day to day basis, “Are you sure you want to go after that job you already have stability in this one.” Or “Why do you want to major in that? Are you even going to be able to find a job or even be able to make money doing that once you graduate?” You know just here recently I have been talking to a lot of people about getting the courage to follow their dreams, but the number one reason why they won’t commit is because the dream blocker(s) are holding them back. But there has to come a time in our life, where we ask ourselves am I a me pleaser or a people pleaser?

Now before I get all these comments talking about, “Bre I work in a customer service environment where I have to make people happy all the time, so what are you talking about?” I’m not talking about that. However, what I am talking about is not living your life as your own, but in a way other people control it. I’m going to let you know something guys, you only have ONE life to live, and when you look back 10, 20, 50 years from now. What will you see? Do you want to be known for taking the risk for following your dreams or do you want to be known for playing it safe because that dream blocker was always in your ear?

So, I’m going to close with this. Guys don’t live your life trying to keep someone else happy. You live your life in a way where you are concerned about keeping yourself happy. The life you have is nobody else’s but your own. Ultimately when it comes down to going after your dream, it’s going to be your responsibility to go after it regardless if anybody is in your corner supporting you or not. Of course it’s not going to be easy, but with a lot of hard work and determination anything is possible. And remember if nobody else believes in you I do. Also, always keep this in the back of your head, there is no such thing as tomorrow all you have is today. So, with that in mind let’s get to work on our dreams.






Article source: http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/dream-blockers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna my very special friend,

    I particularly liked your last sentence, when you spoke about "our" dreams. For Donna i think that perhaps our dreams are very similar, and if that is the case, we have the ability of retaining a trust in each other for many years to come.

    I will continue in an email...

    ReplyDelete