Wednesday 27 May 2015

Be First to Get Paid

I have attended many personal development trainings, seminars, have read many books about financial success and they all say "Pay Yourself First".
This concept is pretty easy, when you get paid; first thing to do is to put some of money into savings account. It doesn't matter how much as long as you pay yourself first and bills and other payments comes second.
People with financial difficulties tend to forget themselves and first thing they do when get paid they pay all bills and see what is left over. I used to do that and then get depressed because nothing much has left for me.
We get what we put out there. If I don't pay myself first then nobody else will and I will stay broke forever. So I started to put aside some money on the day I got paid. I opened savings account with my bank and set up standing order and small amount every months went into my savings account. Firsts thought was that how I will survive without that money but interesting thing was that I didn't even miss that amount. I used to pay more than that for chocolates and since I took up healthy (healthier) lifestyle I don't buy as much chocolates anyway.
And there is a "but". My savings didn't really go up until I changed one thing. Before that I used to put some money in and take same amount out. I used to dip into my saving when I needed or didn't need it. One day I found some pennies in my purse and decided to put them in money jar and I noticed something that I wasn't aware of, I felt very bad when putting money into that pot. It felt like part of me is taken away from me and I did a bit of thinking.
I felt bad about paying myself and my subconscious mind thought if I don't like it then I should not be doing it. So every time I put money into jar for myself, I created experiences in my life so I would take it out again. Like a vicious circle. No matter how much I put in it never stays there anyway.
Awareness is the first step to change. Once I noticed it I changed the way I feel about it and my savings started to go up. When you start doing something for first time notice how you feel and decide whether feeling this way will help you to make positive change in life.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7159472

No comments:

Post a Comment